I went in for an induction Tuesday morning and everything was going great... Frisco Baylor Hospital is AMAZING! If anyone is looking for a good hospital, I HIGHLY recommend them! Anyways, about 4 p.m. I was dialated to a 4, 5 p.m. I was dialated to a 5, and by 6 p.m. I was at a 7. We started placing bets that I would have her by 10 p.m. The dr. told me to let them know if I was feeling any pressure or urge to push. Well, by 9 p.m. or so there was none of that and I had developed a low grade fever. They checked me and I had and regressed to a 5. I wasn't feeling well and they said they had to do a c-section. I was completely OK with that by that point. Nervous, but ok! I asked if it was because of the induction. She reassured me that no, it will be the way I will have labor everytime... just my body. Anyways... by 10:32 we had a beautiful baby girl! She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20 1/2 in long. She, of course, lost a little weight. But she also was jaundice... we will find out on Wednesday if that has cleared up completely.
We came home from the hospital on Saturday evening. I was SO ready! The first night was hard. Jeff was afraid to put a little blanket on her and thought she was hot. She kept waking up every so often. Finally, about 4 a.m. I put one on her anyways... and low and behold... she slept. Last night was great! She slept for 3 hours, ate, slept for 3 more, and then ate again. I think I ended up with a full 7 hours of sleep! I was saying lots of thank yous to God!
We are so much in love with her! I can't believe it! I know people always told me how wonderful it is... but you can never understand it until you are there! She has really completed our family! Jeff is so cute... he just adores her! He keeps saying there is nothing like having a little girl or can you believe how beautiful she is??? I love it!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment