Well, after a 2 month delay on our trip to Austria due to a volcano (who would've thought) we went at the end of June! And I'm still amazed at all Farm Bureau was able to pull off in moving a trip for 800 2 months later! We had a fabulous time, but I have to admit, I missed my little Bug and Bear way too much! I don't know if it was because there are two of them now, because she is older, or because we were across the ocean!!! But, I missed them terribly! We did have a blast! It is always great going on such wonderful friends with some of our dear friends! We always end up meeting new people too! This year Jeff was in a new district so it was great to spend time with people I haven't met or got to know very well yet! I miss our old district, the became a 2nd family to us... but I really do love our new district! The Wood's (Jeff's DSM and his wife) are so sweet!
We spent the first day just flying!!! Then as soon as we got there we went and relaxed with a bunch of friends and by the time (who knows what time it really was) I ate dinner, I went to the room and CRASHED!!! The next morning FB scheduled an amazing train ride and tour through Salzburg. We got to see all the places Sound of Music was filmed and Mozart's birth place. We spent the afternoon walking around, shopping, and eating :) Then a bus ride home through some gorgeous, lakes, mountains....


The next day Jeff and I decided to stay around Vienna (I was done spending so many hours on buses, trains, cars). We ate lunch in the gorgeous park across the street, walked to the palace, had a carriage ride through the grounds, and then went to the welcome dinner. Every year FB puts on a really neat, more causal dinner to 'kick off" the trip. It was a the Town Hall (if you saw this place you would be blown away!!!!!!). Little Austrian girls and boys greated us with the sweetest gingerbread cookies!



The rest of the trip we spent sleeping in, walking around Vieann looking at the fabulous sights, and eating some great foods!
I will do a seperate post just about our Gala!!!! Seriously, the fanciest night of my life.... words can not describe! But... I will try ;)






The rest of the trip we spent sleeping in, walking around Vieann looking at the fabulous sights, and eating some great foods!



No comments:
Post a Comment