This weekend was fabulous! Friday night we got a sitter for the first time since we've lived in Brownwood. Usually either Nana or a friend will watch the kids when we have something, but we tried out a high school girl a friend of mine used and Sadie loved her! Jeff and I met a few other agency managers and their spouses and their district manager and his wife for dinner at Humphrey Pete's in Early. We had a great time talking with everyone! All of the manager that came have started within the last year and we can all relate to what is going on in our lives with adjusting to a new place. Two of the wives are pregnant right now and have daughters near Sadie's age.
Saturday, we woke up and took Sadie and Tripp to the donut shop and then drove around town. I don't know why exactly, but Jeff and I have always loved to drive around and look at houses. We've done it since we were dating! We then came home and around 11:00 went to the scrimmage at the stadium. Me and the kids didn't last long since it was brutaly hot!!! I drove up to an antigue to find a table for my sewing machines then went to pick Jeff up when he got too hot! I did find one and plan on sanding and painting it at night this week. We came back home, had lunch, had naps, then headed to Stephenville. Jeff's brother, wife, and 3 kids were moving back to Stephenville this weekend and so did my neice, Leandra. We went by helped a little bit, got a tour of both new places and then grabbed dinner at Montanas (our favorite Stephenville restaraunt). It was a zoo with 5 adults and 5 kids!!! But we loved it! On our way home, of course we stopped for a blizzard, got home, gave baths, then off to bed.
This morning, I woke up with an AWFUL tooth ache so I took a codine and Jeff took the kids to church so I could relax with no noise!
I feel so extremely blessed that we have so many family members only an hour away now! This is exactly why we took Jeff's job in Brownwood! We wanted the kids to grow up like I did, with family surrounding them!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am so jealous.... miss having family. Glad you had a good weekend!
Post a Comment