Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tripp's 1st birthday party!

What a great day!!! We feel so very blessed with such an amazing family and wonderful friends! Tripp doesn't actually turn 1 for 2 more weeks... but when he was born I always swore that he would have NO Christmas decorations in the house on his birthday! Well, mission accomplished! We didn't decorate for Christmas until tonight... thats another post! Anyways, his theme this year was "cowboy". I had the best time planning the party! We had hamburgers grilled by my awesome brother-in-law and sweet step-father. For the kids that wouldn't eat a burger, chicken nuggets! I made huge cowboy hat cookies and red velvet and cream cheese cupcakes! For party favors (which I COMPLETELY forgot to hand out) I sewed all 9 kids a denim and bandana crayone roll up and the adults got trail mix.
The guest list included, Mimi, Poppy, Nana, Uncle Steve, Chicher, Leandra, Uncle John, Aunt Mandy, Cousins Hannah, Jonah, Josiah, Jeff's cousin's Deanna, John, Hadley, and Corbin. Our sweet friends that came were, Shantel, Aiden, Cindy, Van, Isaiah, Shea, Tyler, and Anslee.
Tripp had so much fun playing with everyone, but when it came time to eat cake, he was exhuasted and we hadn't even opened presents yet! He was in awe of everyone singing happy birthday to him and loved the cupcake. Then we opened gifts and he perked up real quick (I think the sugar kicked in)! We had a great time hanging out with our family into the late afternoon and letting the kids play while Tripp napped! All in all... a VERY successful 1st birthday!!!

Again, thank you all who have loved our children and been a part of our lives; we love you all!

No comments: