Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Last blog before Sadie comes...

I'm sure that tomorrow I will be SO crazy thinking about and getting ready that I wont post anything so here is my last day to blog before becoming a mother... and watch out, I'm super emotional right now! :)

Jeff took me to the Gaylord Friday! I was impressed because he got home from work at exactly 12:00 p.m. and we jumped in the car and headed to Grapevine. We met my sister to drop off Romo with her, he was staying the night at her house while we were gone. Then we had lunch at Quiznos and headed to the hotel. I'm not sure what got into Jeff, but he upgraded our room (he hates to spend $) to a view of the indoor firework show for the night. Then we walked around for awhile and looked at everything. We found the cutest store for kids. Side note, we have now realized that Sadie will NEVER be able to get anything in a store with her name on it! Then we went to Grapevine Mills Mall and Jeff got me some clothes and stuff and just enjoyed walking around. I say enjoyed... that is not something we ever do, so I faked that I was not hurting. My feet were HUGE by the time we left! We came backt o the room, napped, and then got ready for dinner. We had found earlier this area that looks alot like San Antonio Riverwalk. The riverwalk is a special place for Jeff and I. We usually go quite a bit... I think last summer we went 2 or 3 times. But this summer, we wont make it. So, that was neat. We ate dinner down there and then walked around some more. At 9:30 we went up to our balcony to watch this amazing fireworks show.... it only lasted 4 minutes! HAHAHA! Oh well! That night/morning the girls staying next door came home at 2:30 a.m. and were so loud. The next morning we woke up and went to pick up Romo from my sister. We had lunch with all of them, since she wont be able to be at the hospital on Tuesday. She will be having major surgery of her own!

The rest of the weekend we have been finishing up stuff around here. We got the car cleaned and installed the car seat. We have been cleaning house, doing laundry, packing our bag. That kind of stuff.

I'm so excited about being a mommy. I've wanted this for so long and now that it is coming I'm so overjoyed! I can't imagine how much I will love her and how much my world is about to turn upside down... but all for the good! I'm blessed with such an amazing husband that I know will stand by me and to see what God is blessing us with just blows my mind. If any mothers have any words of wisdom... I'd love to hear it!

I'll post pictures when we get back from the hospital, if I can ever stand to step away from her side!

2 comments:

Amrine Jrs. said...

I am so excited for yall. I can't wait to hear the news of her arrival and hopefully meet her soon!

rungal said...

I can't wait to hear from you!