Well, at lest to me it is.
Jeff called me from work today. He is in the rotary club here in town. Currently, they are working on a project with the boy scouts to do a flag program with all the communities in town. Jeff is working with our home owners association since we live here. Long story short, the guy told him today that they are thinking about redoing the monthly newsletter (IT NEEDS HELP!) and that it cost too much to keep it going. Well, Jeff was asking what if he advertised in it? Then that could help pay for the cost. They also started talking about other ideas for revamping it. One was adding recipes to the newsletter. Jeff mentioned that I was a home ec. teacher for 5 years and LOVE to cook and that I was wanting to get involved with our home owners association. So, this is something I am hoping will all pan out!
For those of you that don't know, I am involved with a cooking club that meets once a month. I'm hoping that we keep it up. My friend, Tawny, and I are the ones that kind of got it started. But... she is moving next month to San Antonio and I'm hoping that it will keep going. We take turns at someones house every month. Whoever is hosting plans the theme for that month. We've don't Cinco de Mayo, Italian, at my house we did Super Bowl finger foods. Kind of whatever might go with that month. Its really fun! We each bring a dish prepared and copies of the recipes and sit around and eat and talk! Its a great way to meet new people in the area as well. Every month we have a few regulars and then some newbies. If anyone's interested, let me know! We would always love to have new people!
Anyways.... you can tell I'm home, bored, and so ready to have this baby. If all I can think to do is blog about this kind of stuff :) We go to the doctor tomorrow morning at 9:15 to make sure we are still on schedule for the induction next Tuesday! I've started scaring myself to death about labor. I don't know why I'm so terrified... women do this every day! I DON'T, though! Jeff is taking me to the Gaylord Texan Friday night to celebrate my birthday, which was yesterday, and our anniversary, which is on the induction date. Maybe that will help me get things off my mind... doubtful, but still sweet of him!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
oh my goodness, I'm totally in for the cooking club when we move up there closer to you! Great idea and I might steal it and ask the specifics to start one closer to home. I'd love to come socialize with you though. :) You're having a baby as I type this! How cool!
Post a Comment