Thursday, June 17, 2010
Our kitchen!!!
Here are the before pictures:
And after:


I'm pretty proud of myself. I did almost all of the work by myself! I just had to have the countertops installed! My mother-in-law and I found the cutest table at a antique store in Granbury. The base of the table is a VERY old Singer sewing table! The top is red. I wasn't sure about the red, but now that it is in the kitchen I LOVE IT. Now, I want to find a set of red canister (never got a set, because I can't find exactly what I want... I will though). We were going to reuse our sink, but then Jeff decided it would look better with a stainless and that the walls would look better this brown color. I love the way the paint makes the molding pop and I acree with the sink. The faucet is one that we had bought about 4 years ago to replace at our house in Celina, but never did. And the disposal was broke, so I learned how to install a new one! The backsplash was what I was most excited/nervous about and I think it turned out GREAT!!!! And, easy! We are going to install the same tiles on the celining in the dining room above the molding to tie the two rooms together! For the most part, I am done in the kitchen. Trying to decide if I want a kitchen island under the pot rack or do I just want to remove the pot rack?!?! Hmmmm.... Also, I want to find some unique antiques to go above the cabinets and some garland. Oh... and I bought canvas to make curtains with red tie backs! Next project, either ripping out the carpet in the sunroom/office and staining the concrete or framing the bathroom mirrors!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It looks great! Have you considered a butcher block island? That would be neat. It looks like you have plenty of room for an island. I love the colors you chose.
Thanks Amy! I actually was thinking of building an island out of an door with glass on top and then putting a shlef on the bottom. I have a vision... just not sure it would turn out that way!
Post a Comment